Winter Lookbook - 4 Ways To Wear A Parka
How to Wear a Parka
A parka is an extra-warm, over-sized hooded jacket designed for very cold weather. Originally, parkas were invented in the Arctic and made out of caribou or sealskin. Today, parkas are typically made from natural and synthetic blends. Parkas make great additions to your winter wardrobe, and they come in many stylish options.You can easily wear a parka with both casual and dressy outfits!
Choosing a Parka
Go with a lightweight parka on chilly days.If you want to stay warm on slightly cold days, go for a parka that isn’t super puffy and insulated. A thin, lightweight parka will keep you warm on cold days that don't go below freezing. Select a parka with 50-100g of insulation.
- Try a lightweight parka if you are running errands or taking a jog, for example.
Select a waterproof parka to use as a rain jacket.If it is sleeting, snowing, or raining, you want a parka made from waterproof materials, rather than cotton or wool. Get a waterproof parka especially if you live somewhere with mild, rainy winters.
- It is also helpful to get a parka with a very large, wide hood if there will be inclement weather.
Wear a heavy-duty parka to keep you warm in the winter.If you want a sturdy winter coat to last you throughout many seasons, choose a heavy-duty parka made from insulating materials. For a very warm jacket, choose one with 150-200g of insulation.
- For the warmest option possible, get a full-length parka. This coat runs to your shins, so it can keep you warm nearly from head to toe.
- Many parkas are lined with sherpa materials, goose feathers, or synthetic fillers that keep you toasty! Synthetic insulation is made from polyester spun together to create air pockets in between the layers.
- Choose a heavy-duty parka if you are participating in winter sports, taking a hike, or going ice fishing.
Put on a light jacket under your parka if the temperature is below freezing.If you need another layer of defense against the cold, throw on a hoodie or fleece jacket before putting on your parka. Adding another layer will keep you insulated and warm.
- This is a good idea if you are snowboarding or skiing in very cold weather, for instance.
Styling a Parka Casually
Wear your parka with jeans and a cozy sweater for a casual feel.If you want to look stylish while wearing your parka, you can easily slip on a pair of jeans and throw on your favorite sweater. You’ll look warm, chic, and comfortable! Go for a solid wash of denim and a neutral or bright-colored sweater. You can also choose a striped sweater for added interest.
- You can wear turtleneck, cowl-neck, or oversized sweaters, for example.
- You can wear this for a business-casual work outfit, running errands, or out to dinner.
Throw on joggers and a sweatshirt with your parka for a relaxed style.If you want to maximize your warmth and comfort, wear a pair of fleece-lined, tailored joggers and a warm hoodie. This looks relaxed and stylish while keeping you warm in the winter.
- You can select a solid-colored sweatshirt or one with a graphic print, for instance.
- Choose grey, black, or navy joggers to match many different sweatshirts.
- This is a great choice if you are going to class or to the movies.
Wear a flannel with leggings for an on-the-go look.If it is a mild winter day and you need an outfit to wear when running errands or shopping around town, put on a pair of sweatpants or leggings and a flannel shirt. Choose a solid colored bottom, like navy, black, or grey. This looks great with your parka and will keep you warm!
- If it is not raining, you can easily unzip your hood to give your look a casual touch.
- This looks great when going out to lunch or grabbing coffee with friends.
Dressing up a Parka
Wear your parka over a suit for a business-appropriate option.If your regular coat isn't warm enough, opt for a parka when styling your business or evening wear. Choose a neutral parka rather than a multi-colored or patterned jacket.
- To look stylish, pick a parka 2–5 in (5.1–12.7 cm) longer than your jacket.
- Select a black or grey parka with a dark-colored suit, for example.
- Go with a brown parka with a tan or khaki combination.
Put on a parka over your favorite dress for an evening look.If you want to go out on the town but need to keep warm, throw a parka over top. Parkas make great coat options even with formal outfits. Don’t forget your tights!
- Choose a brightly colored parka or one with a subtle pattern if wearing a solid dress.
- Choose a neutral or plain parka if wearing a patterned or bright colored dress.
Pair your parka with brogues, Oxfords, or ankle boots for an easy nighttime style.If you want to elevate your parka for a dressier look, pick a suitable footwear option. Either way, you’ll keep warm and look great!
- Choose a full brogue or Oxford for an attractive, unisex option.
- If you want a little height, choose an ankle boot.
Accessorizing Your Parka
Throw on a printed scarf for a dash of color.If you want to enhance your parka, drape a bright colored or patterned scarf around your neck. You can choose a wool scarf for a warm, durable option or a cotton or silk blend for a stylish choice.
- For very cold days, wrap your scarf around your neck, chin, and nose to keep warm.
Put on a knit hat and gloves to finish your look.To keep your ears and fingers protected from the elements, wear gloves and a hat. You can either match the color of your jacket to your accessories, or you can choose a bright colored, accenting hat and glove combination.
- Red and military green look particularly great in the winter.
- Choose a beanie or trapper hat, for example.
Use a crossed handbag or rugged backpack to carry your belongings.Parkas look warm, fluffy, and rugged. Pair handbags that sit over the shoulder or cross your chest for an attractive purse option. You can also use a backpack to house your things.
- Use these to carry things like laptops, books, hats, and gloves.
Layer a faux fur vest over a parka for a touch of glam.If you want to elevate your parka for an extra-stylish outfit, put on your parka and throw a faux fur vest. You’ll look lavish, fabulous, and extra warm! This is a great idea for evening looks, rather than for casual, day-to-day styles.
- This looks great with a short black dress and boots, for example.
Video: How to Wear Parka Jacket
How to Understand the Meaning of NASCAR Flags
How to Make Milky Peanut Butter Yema Candy
Dr. Zs Medical Report
Bring It on Life and Ill Just Write a Blog About it
Slow Cooker Vegetable Omelette
Woodside may sell the toilet, sink and other items from Steve Jobs one-time home
How to Avoid Singing Through Your Nose
9 Plus-Size Influencers Who Give You So Much More Than Fashion Advice
MORE: North West’s Designer Clothes: Lanvin, Alexander Wang, Celine, And More
Lily Allen breaks down in tears on stage
How to Prevent Hangnails
How to Act Like a Christian in Any Circumstance